Currently, services are offered through The Amend Group. Email email@example.com
Dr. Navan, serves the needs of the gifted population of all ages in western Kentucky and beyond. Upon retirement from Murray State University as professor emeritus in Gifted Education, Dr. Navan continues to meet the social, emotional, and educational needs of the gifted through Navan Consultation Services. With her advanced Spanish degree, she provides gifted services to English and Spanish-speaking populations.
As a former educator, Dr. Navan has experience both teaching gifted students in the classroom and teaching graduate courses in gifted education in college. She serves as a consultant for parents of gifted children, providing qualitative assessment and educational consultation. Her years of service include serving as director of the Murray State Center for Gifted Studies; the Kentucky State Advisory Council for Gifted and Talented Education; the Kentucky Association for Gifted Education Board (KAGE); and the Board of Directors for Supporting Emotional Needs of Gifted (SENG). She is also a member of the Kentucky Psychological Association (KPA) and the American Psychological Association (APA).
Dr. Navan has written numerous academic and community articles regarding the nature and needs of gifted individuals and she is the author of Nurturing the Gifted Female: A Guide for Educators and Parents. She is currently writing a book on the needs of gifted elders.
Offering a variety of services to the gifted community.
- Educational consultation with parents of gifted students
- Educational planning
- Workshops for Parent and School Groups
- Parent Discussion Groups
Examples of services.
- assistance in determining the need for, and facilitating subject, grade level, or radical acceleration.
- educational planning for students who are in public, private or homeschool environments.
- Face-to-face and online mentoring of gifted children.
- Parent workshops and professional development in the schools to assist parents and educators in planning for and serving the intellectual and socioemotional needs of gifted children.
- Facilitating parent discussion groups, creating an environment where parents learn to support each other in understanding and nurturing their gifted children.
Services are available in English and Spanish.